↑ End Headings for tabs
Our 26 AWG Litz Wire is made of 16 strands of magnetic wire, insulated by solderable polyurethane with a polyamide overcoat. The conductors are braided together within the wire to mitigate current resistance and preserve current flow in high frequency applications. This construction neutralizes skin and proximity effects, making litz wire ideal for switch-mode power supplies, high Q coils, and many other specialized applications that require minimal losses at higher frequencies (such as aviation, medical, laboratory, and communication uses).
This wire meets National Electrical Manufacturers Association (NEMA) standards, can withstand up to 155°C (311°F), and functions ideally at approximately 100 kHz. It is available in six different lengths for your convenience. For additional accommodations, explore our custom wire services.
↑ Stop "Description" content here
- Wire Type: Single Build, Unserved Litz Wire
- Stranding: 16 strands of 38 AWG (16/38)
- Twists Per Foot: 12 ± 1 TPF
- Twist Direction: Right Hand Lay
- Overall Diameter: 0.021"
- Insulation Material: Solderable Polyurethane with Polyamide Overcoat
- Insulation Color: Red
- NEMA Grade: MW 80-C
- Temperature Rating: 155°C (311°F)
- Ideal Operating Frequency: Approx. 100 kHz
- Max. DCR at 20°C (68°F): 0.04347 Ω/ft
- UL Recognized Component (OBMW2 File E190291)
- RoHS Compliant
↑ Stop your "Specifications" content here
- 2 oz / 156'
- 4 oz / 313'
- 8 oz / 626'
- 1.0 lb / 1252'
- 2.5 lb / 3131'
- 5.0 lb / 6263'
↑ Stop your "Sizes" content here