↑ End Headings for tabs
Created to counteract negative effects that take place in other high frequency wires, litz wire is made up of individually-insulated strands of magnet wire that are twisted together in a specific pattern. This unique construction mitigates skin and proximity effects to counteract the eddy currents that cause frequency loss in high frequency applications. The braided interior pattern and individual insulation makes litz wire ideal for use in communications equipment, switch-mode power supplies, sonar equipment, and many other specialized applications that require minimal losses at higher frequencies.
The magnet wire used to create this litz wire meets size, temperature, and insulation requirements based on the National Electrical Manufacturers Association (NEMA) standards. For your convenience, our 22 AWG Litz Wire comes in six sizes. Custom wire services are also available, enabling additional accommodations.
↑ Stop "Description" content here
- Wire Type: Single Build, Unserved Litz Wire
- Stranding: 40 strands of 38 AWG (40/38)
- Twists Per Foot: 12 ± 1 TPF
- Twist Direction: Left Hand Lay
- Overall Diameter: 0.033"
- Insulation Material: Solderable Polyurethane with Polyamide Overcoat
- Insulation Color: Red
- NEMA Grade: MW 80-C
- Temperature Rating: 155°C (311°F)
- Ideal Operating Frequency: Approx. 100 kHz
- Max. DCR at 20°C (68°F): 0.01792 Ω/ft
- UL Recognized Component (OBMW2 File E190291)
- RoHS Compliant
↑ Stop your "Specifications" content here
- 2 oz / 62'
- 4 oz / 125'
- 8 oz / 250'
- 1.0 lb / 501'
- 2.5 lb / 1252'
- 5.0 lb / 2505'
↑ Stop your "Sizes" content here