↑ End Headings for tabs
Litz wire is constructed to neutralize the skin and proximity effects that pose challenges to other high-frequency wires. The smaller size of the wires reduces skin effect, and the woven pattern within the wire ensures even current distribution to combat the proximity effect. These features make litz wire essential in a variety of industries, from communications to high speed data applications.
Our 20 AWG Litz Wire is crafted from 64 braided magnetic wires insulated in solderable polyurethane with a polyamide overcoat. This construction reduces the eddy currents that cause losses in other high frequency wires. This 20 AWG Litz Wire comes in six different sizes for your convenience and meets size, temperature, and insulation requirements based on the National Electrical Manufacturers Association (NEMA) standards. It is also RoHS compliant.
If you’re looking for a made-to-order solution, take a look at our custom wire services.
↑ Stop "Description" content here
- Wire Type: Single Build, Unserved Litz Wire
- Stranding: 64 strands of 38 AWG (64/38)
- Twists Per Foot: 12 ± 1 TPF
- Twist Direction: Right Hand Lay
- Overall Diameter: 0.042"
- Insulation Material: Solderable Polyurethane with Polyamide Overcoat
- Insulation Color: Red
- NEMA Grade: MW 80-C
- Temperature Rating: 155°C (311°F)
- Ideal Operating Frequency: Approx. 100 kHz
- Max. DCR at 20°C (68°F): 0.01120 Ω/ft
- UL Recognized Component (OBMW2 File E190291)
- RoHS Compliant
↑ Stop your "Specifications" content here
- 2 oz / 39'
- 4 oz / 78'
- 8 oz / 156'
- 1.0 lb / 313'
- 2.5 lb / 782'
- 5.0 lb / 1565'
↑ Stop your "Sizes" content here