↑ End Headings for tabs
Litz wire is made up of individually-insulated strands of magnet wire that are twisted together in a specific pattern. This unique construction mitigates skin and proximity effects and leads to fewer losses in high frequency applications. As such, litz wire is ideal for switch-mode power supplies, high Q coils, and for use in specialized aviation, medical, laboratory, and communications equipment.
The magnet wire used to construct this litz wire is drawn to meet specific size requirements based on the National Electrical Manufacturers Association (NEMA) standards. Additionally, this wire meets the NEMA MW 80-C standard for operating temperature (155°C / 311°F) and insulation makeup.
If our standard litz wire meets you needs, add to cart and check out now. To customize your litz wire to your exact specifications, request custom wire services.
↑ Stop "Description" content here
- Wire Type: Single Build, Unserved Litz Wire
- Stranding: 25 strands of 38 AWG (25/38)
- Twists Per Foot: 12 ± 1 TPF
- Twist Direction: Right Hand Lay
- Overall Diameter: 0.026"
- Insulation Material: Solderable Polyurethane with Polyamide Overcoat
- Insulation Color: Red
- NEMA Grade: MW 80-C
- Temperature Rating: 155°C (311°F)
- Ideal Operating Frequency: Approx. 100 kHz
- Max. DCR at 20°C (68°F): 0.02782 Ω/ft
- UL Recognized Component (OBMW2 File E190291)
- RoHS Compliant
↑ Stop your "Specifications" content here
- 2 oz / 100'
- 4 oz / 200'
- 8 oz / 400'
- 1.0 lb / 801'
- 2.5 lb / 2004'
- 5.0 lb / 4009'
↑ Stop your "Sizes" content here