↑ End Headings for tabs
Litz wire, designed to mitigate proximity and skin effects, can deliver great efficiency in high frequency applications. Over 160 wires are woven together to create our 16 AWG Litz Wire. This make-up evenly distributes current, neutralizing the eddy currents that cause loss in high frequency applications. For projects involving ultrasonic devices, generators, transformers, or electromagnetic induction, litz wire is the ideal choice.
This wire is comprised of 162 strands of magnetic wire, insulated by solderable polyurethane with a polyamide overcoat. It is RoHS compliant and meets the National Electrical Manufacturers Association (NEMA) standards for size, insulation, and temperature resistance. Choose from six different sizes to best suit your needs. Looking for a custom solution? Explore our wire services.
↑ Stop "Description" content here
- Wire Type: Single Build, Unserved Litz Wire
- Stranding: 3 bundles of 54 strands of 38 AWG (3/54/38)
- Twists Per Foot: 12 ± 1 TPF
- Twist Direction: Left Hand Lay
- Overall Diameter: 0.071"
- Insulation Material: Solderable Polyurethane with Polyamide Overcoat
- Insulation Color: Red
- NEMA Grade: MW 80-C
- Temperature Rating: 155°C (311°F)
- Ideal Operating Frequency: Approx. 100 kHz
- Max. DCR at 20°C (68°F): 0.00451 Ω/ft
- UL Recognized Component (OBMW2 File E190291)
- RoHS Compliant
↑ Stop your "Specifications" content here
- 2 oz / 16'
- 4 oz / 32'
- 8 oz / 64'
- 1.0 lb / 129'
- 2.5 lb / 322'
- 5.0 lb / 644'
↑ Stop your "Sizes" content here