↑ End Headings for tabs
This 42 AWG magnet wire is copper wire with a thin layer of insulation. This insulation is a simple modified Polyester coating with a Polyamideimide overcoat, that enables it to be put to countless uses.
Magnet wire is used in a wide variety of applications. Some of the most common places in which magnet wire is found include:
- Wound coils
Magnet wire is also often used in school science projects.
When magnet wire is formed, raw copper is drawn to meet specific size requirements based on the National Electrical Manufacturer's Association (NEMA) standards. This magnet wire also meets the NEMA MW-35-C standard for operating temperature (200°C/392°F) and insulation makeup.
The nature of this magnet wire and its insulation means it can boast high temperature properties. It is therefore suitable for a variety of severe thermal overload applications.
↑ Stop "Description" content here
- Wire Type: Enameled Copper Wire
- Diameter: 0.0026"
- Color: Natural
- Insulation: Polyester w/ Polyamideimide Overcoat
- NEMA Description: MW-35-C
- Build: Single Min-Nom
- Temperature Rating: 200°C (392°F)
↑ Stop your "Specifications" content here
- 2 oz / 6414' (42S200P.125)
- 4 oz / 12828' (42S200P.25)
- 8 oz / 25656' (42S200P.5)
- 1.0 lb / 51313' (42S200P)
- 2.5 lbs / 128283' (42S2002.5)
- 5.0 lbs / 256566' (42S200)
- 10 lbs / 513130' (42S20010)
↑ Stop your "Sizes" content here