This is a 9,580 foot spool of 25 gauge, triple-insulated wire. The inner conductor is tin-plated copper, 0.0179" in diameter. The three layers of insulation are made up of modified ETFE (ethylene tetrafluoroethylene), which ensures an array of specifications as seen below. This type of wire can be wound on top of other magnet wire in high voltage applications, which makes it ideal for use in various switched-mode power supplies. It is also useful in a variety of other applications including electromagnets, transformers, Tesla coils, speakers, inductors, guitar pickups, and motors.
- Wire Type: Triple Insulated TCA3 Wire
- Conductor: 25 AWG Tin-Plated Copper (0.0179" Diameter)
- Insulation: Gray Modified ETFE (0.0269" Outer Diameter)
- Voltage Rating: 1500 V Maximum
- Temperature Rating: 155°C (311°F)
- Tensile Strength: 6500 psi
- Dielectric Strength: Approx. 7000 V